Thursday, May 7, 2009

Data Execution Prevention closing Windows Movie Maker?

I imported a bunch of my DVDs to my computer and they are now in .avi format. I'm trying to make a video of clips in Windows Movie Maker and I can't even get past cutting the video into clips before I get an error message that Movie Maker has stopped working and has to close. It then tells me that Data Execution Prevention has closed the program. I tried following the steps to turn Data Execution Prevention off for Movie Maker, but apparently Data Execution Prevention cannot be turned off for this application.





Does anyone have ANY help for me? I've searched everywhere and it seems like others are having the same problem, but I can't find a solution that will work for me yet.





Thank you!

Data Execution Prevention closing Windows Movie Maker?
Yeah, I am having the same problem ,too. Actually , I could not even open any of my video folders because of this friggin Data Execution Protection. I tried to modify it via sysdm.cpl but there are no executable files in the folders to edit.


Sorry , as you can see this was not an answer but another plea for help.
Reply:I also have this problem...i can't even import the video...it just closes...and it's really annoying...stupid vista Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment