Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is there a cure/ prevention for bloating?

I have IBS and I am a small person but I look pregnant about every time I eat because I bloat so bad. Is there a cure/ prevention? Perhaps a certain type of food I should avoid?





Anything helps. Thank you.

Is there a cure/ prevention for bloating?
Get your sodium intake waaayyy down, sometimes a diuretic is helpful. Stay away from sodas, drink water instead of canned drinks of any sort. I think greasy foods also tend to make you bloat. I have GERD, and I bloat just like you do. Avoidance is the best way, but if you get too much salt and sodium, potassium and preservatives like you find in wines and beers, or packaged foods and deli meats, you will bloat. Stay away from lactic acid - and sodium lactate - both make me bloat. They are found in bacon, some canned drinks, deli meats and the like. Drink lots of water if you are bloated, believe it or not that's the only way to get the sodium out of your system. Gatorade is a no-no.
Reply:I recommend keeping a food journal and noting when you bloat up. It will help you to determine what foods are causing you to bloat up. Drinking the right amount of water for your size also helps with bloating. Remember to talk to your doctor too about your bloating.

amaryllis

No comments:

Post a Comment