Saturday, April 24, 2010

Peer Education; Suicide Prevention presentation, help?

I'm in a Peer Education class where we give advice and guidance to underclassmen about pregnancy, domestic violence, drugs, etc. We're doing a presentation on suicide prevention tomorrow for a few freshman classes and I'm supposed to come up with some kind of "energizer" to get the kids interested in the subject before we start the actual presentation.





All I could think of was doing something with statistics and making into some kind of game. I don't know. I don't want to mess this up because it's a touchy subject to work with and I don't want to offend anyone. So, I'm asking for your help, what should I do to grab their attention?

Peer Education; Suicide Prevention presentation, help?
Maybe you could mention something in pop culture. The television show Desperate Housewives is narrated by a character who kills herself in the pilot episode. In the latest episode, there were many references to suicide, and an older lady tried to kill another character and make it look like suicide.





I don't know if that's the kind of thing you're looking for, but good luck!

spider lily

No comments:

Post a Comment