Saturday, April 24, 2010

What are relapse prevention programs?

I heard my aunt and a counselor talking about a relapse prevention program. I have no idea what they're discussing. Does anyone know what that is? See, my cousin John is going out of rehab in a couple of days and I think it has something to do with it but I really don't understand a thing. Help me please!

What are relapse prevention programs?
Relapse prevention programs were made to help a previous alcoholic or drug addict continue on with their recovery. They are special programs that helps people to deal with stress and problems better so that they will not go back to drinking alcohol or abusing drugs again. Some relapse prevention programs include family therapies, group discussions, spiritual lectures, anger-management classes and other fun activities. This just means that the counselor and your aunt are discussing ways to ensure your cousin's full recovery.
Reply:They're probably going to put him in one of those sumo wrestling stables or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment