Monday, November 16, 2009

Data execution prevention stopping print spooler/ spoolsv.exe so I cant print?

Every time Windows XP Pro starts up, I get a message saying that data execution prevention has stopped spoolsv.exe, and then when I try to print a document or anything, it won't print. I've tried going into the command prompt and stopping and restarting the spooler service, but it has no effect. I've also tried turning off data execution prevention for the print spooler service, but still no luck. Does anyone know what I can do to be able to print again? Thanks in advance...





P.S. It's not like I can print some documents, and not others -- NOTHING will print, or even be sent to the printer, because the print spooler is not functioning. And I'm not getting a message telling me that I can't print, it just fails to happen. No, it's not my cables either.

Data execution prevention stopping print spooler/ spoolsv.exe so I cant print?
do a search on microsofts web site. I am pretty sure they have info dealing with this.Good luck
Reply:This error is common, my first guess you have a Lexmark ? this repair is not an easy repair, It is easy if you know what your doing, but if you do not, do not try to repair this your self, you need a tech, the problem is the tech Will have to get into the printer spooler section, I will give you an example, the first thing you do is, click start, right click my computer, then click manage, go to expanded services, in the detail window, right click Lexbce server and then click properties on the general tab, in the start up type list, click disable, under service status click stop then OK, and it just gets hairier from there, and that little bit was just the beginning, I hope this helped and good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment