Friday, November 20, 2009

Suicide Prevention~ please help save lives!?

The Out of the Darkness Overnight Experience is a 20-mile walk over the course of one night. Net proceeds benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, funding research, education, and awareness programs – both to prevent suicide and to assist those affected by suicide.I am walking in memory of my best friend who took his own life 8 years ago. I have to raise $1,000 in donations- which are 100% tax detuctable! Please visit my web site- I can not do this with out the help of people who care! Thank you so much!


http://www.theovernight.org/index.cfm?fu...

Suicide Prevention~ please help save lives!?
Ah I saw an add for this at the train station. Thought it was over a while ago. Just letting all you Y!A users know:





Legitimate :P. Not scamming you here, they have ads and I believe did a walk one time before. Somewhere in the Northeast/NY area.





Best of luck with your walk!
Reply:I did the Out of the Darkness walk in St. Louis not long after my brother took his life back in October. I want to say thank you for what you're doing... it is a great cause and one that needs a lot more attention than what it gets. Anyone that can help with donations in any way, should.

lucky nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment