Friday, November 20, 2009

Loss prevention?

I have a job interview tomorrow at Mervyn's for a loss prevention position. I just wanted to know a few things before I go in. If I get the job how much can I expect to be paid an hour? Also is this a good way to get experience to be a police officer?

Loss prevention?
emittlender ^^^ Loan scammer!!!





LOAN SCAM - Do Not Pay UpFront Fees.
Reply:A job as a loss prevention officer or security officer may give you some experience at what it's like dealing with people on the other side of the law though I don't believe that the security officer can carry a weapon or such. I'm not sure about salary, but I don't believe that it's usually many dollars an hour even though one is there to keep the safety of the establishment :) Please remember Not to talk salary until the very end of the interview unless the interviewer/employer brings the topic up first. And it's best to go with 'salary negotiable' on an application or in person if asked as to not bid too high or too low.





To become a police officer, I was under the impression that one must first take a pre-test and then I suppose, depending upon one's score, enter the 'police academy' which is like boot camp and is supposed to be quite physically and emotionally grueling. And there are college programs for those interested in a career in law enforcement. You can also check with your local municipal (township) building to find out the exact requirements for a job as police officer or 'law enforcement officer'.





For more general info on careers: US occupational outlook handbook www.bls.gov/oco and can type into search 'security officer', 'loss prevention officer' or 'police officer.

star of bethlehem

No comments:

Post a Comment