Monday, November 16, 2009

Help with my DEP (Data Execution Prevention) -save my computer?

When restarting my new laptop (Uniwill 223ei0, Pentium-M760-2.0GHz, WXP Pro) after MU (Microsoft Update), I got a message window: ________________________________________... | Prevention - Microsoft Windows |_______________________________________... | | To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this | program. | | Name: Windows Explorer | Publisher: Microsoft Corporation | | | Close Message | | | Prevention helps protect against damage | from viruses and other security threats. | What should I do?





Windows doesn't even tell me which application or component has tried to launch Windows Explorer!





Clicking "What should I do?" opens "Help and Support Center - Understanding Prevention"


which in turn tells me to open "Start - Settings - Control Panel System - Advanced - Performance - Settings - Prevention".





Unfortunately in that DEP tab I have only 2 options

Help with my DEP (Data Execution Prevention) -save my computer?
mine too! usually i just click close message then send error report, after that, i just ignore it. maybe i should clean my pc soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment